Underwater Navigator Diver speciality in Koh Lanta
Become the diver everyone wants to follow and make your sense of direction legendary by taking the PADI Underwater Navigator Diver Course in Koh Lanta.
Indeed, knowing where you are underwater, and how to get from one point to another is essential for a diver.
In addition, being aware of your position and the distance traveled during a dive are huge advantages for the diver! That said, it makes it easier to find wrecks, lost items or reefs and lets you enjoy your dive without worrying about where you are. In other words, you dive serenely.
During the Underwater Navigator Diver course, in Koh Lanta, you will learn the correct techniques, basic knowledge and use of instruments for underwater navigation. As you progress, you will find it disconcertingly easy.
Topics covered include:
- Methods for estimating distance underwater.
- Techniques for natural underwater orientation.
- Use of underwater diagrams.
- Techniques for finding dive sites.
- Compass orientation techniques.
The “Underwater Navigator Diver” dive of the “Adventures in Diving” program may, at the discretion of your Instructor, be credited for this specialtya
If you’re a PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver who is at least 10 years old, you can enroll in the PADI Underwater Navigator Diver Specialty course.
You’ll learn the tools of the trade, including navigation using natural clues and by following compass headings. During three scuba dives, you’ll practice:
- Methods to estimate distance underwater.
- Compass navigation while making at least five turns.
- Marking or relocating a submerged object or position from the surface.
- Underwater map making.
- 11’900 THB – Training on 2 days, 4 dives