PADI Search and Recovery Diver training in Koh Lanta
In the Search and Recovery Diver course, in Koh Lanta, you will learn how to find lost objects underwater. You will practice different types of underwater search patterns and learn how to use a rescue parachute as you plan and perform simulated search dives.
The next time someone loses an item underwater, you can be the hero to retrieve it.
PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver who are at least 12 years old can enroll in the Search and Recovery Diver course. PADI (Junior) Open Water Divers with a PADI Underwater Navigator certification also qualify.
Gathering information and resources, then carefully planning a search are the first important steps you learn. During four scuba dives you’ll practice:
- Swimming search patterns using your compass and natural navigation.
- Locating large and small objects using various search patterns.
- Using a lift bag for large or heavy objects, plus other recovery methods.
- Planning a search operation based on facts gathered about a lost object prior to the dive.
- 11’900 THB – Training on 2 days, 4 dives