Search and Recovery Diver course
It happens: People accidentally drop things from docks, off boats or even while scuba diving. If you’ve ever lost something in the water and wanted to go find it, then the PADI Search and Recovery Diver Specialty course is for you. There are effective ways to search for objects underwater that increase your chances of success. And there are good and better methods to bring up small, large or just awkward items. Search and recovery can be challenging, but a whole lot of fun.
PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver who are at least 12 years old can enroll in the Search and Recover Diver course. PADI (Junior) Open Water Divers with a PADI Underwater Navigator certification also qualify.
Gathering information and resources, then carefully planning a search are the first important steps you learn. During four scuba dives you’ll practice:
- Swimming search patterns using your compass and natural navigation.
- Locating large and small objects using various search patterns.
- Using a lift bag for large or heavy objects, plus other recovery methods.
- Planning a search operation based on facts gathered about a lost object prior to the dive.
Also, the first dive of this PADI Specialty Diver course may credit as an Adventure Dive toward your Advanced Open Water Diver certification – ask your instructor about earning credit.
- 11’900 THB – Training on 2 days, 4 dives
- All the equipment needed for snorkeling dive
- Your teaching material in English (if existing)
- PADI certification
- An English or French speacking instructor (up to you)
- Small group of 2 peoples maximum
- Transfer from your hotel to the port and from the port to your hotel
- Breakfast, non vegetarian / vegetarian lunch, fruits and drinks served on the boat
- 600 THB National Marine Park Fee per day and per snorkeler
- 400 THB National Marine Park Fee per day and per passenger
Prix : 12’500 THB, training in 2 days